Providing superior levels of service to your Client, whether they be internal or external, is a challenge that many organisations strive for, yet few attain. Those that provide a superior service reap the positive financial benefits of:
- better employee morale;
- better employee retention;
- improved customer retention;
- increased market share;
- satisfied customers;
- superior reputation.
They are also aware that their business expectations are not always met and that cost pressures means that simply meeting Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are no longer sufficient. Some of the issues that cause these failures may be due to:
a culture that simply doesn’t see the value of adhering to laid down disciplines
- a poor performing Service Desk;
- failure to fully test new products and services;
- failure to involve your Client in the design, development and production processes;
- failure to meet your Client’s requirements;
- inadequate systems management;
- the inability to accurately forecast future capacity requirements;
- the way that the product and service developers deliver new or enhanced products and / or services and infrastructure without due regard for the production requirements;
- weak processes exist.
ISO 20000 is the first worldwide standard specifically aimed at IT Service Management. It describes an integrated set of management processes for the effective delivery of services to the business and its Clients. It is increasingly seen as ‘the quality standard’ for IT Service Management.
ISO 20000 is aligned with, and complementary to, the process approach defined within the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) from the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) in the UK.
Rather than offering an ‘out-of-the-box’ solution, FCL ensures that the implemented Service Management System (SMS) (or SMS as part of an IMS) is very much tailored around your own forensic laboratory, rather than trying to fit your forensic laboratory to a pre-determined set of template forms and procedures. This approach means that you and your staff will:
- be able to continuously improve the delivery of your products and services;
- feel greater ownership;
- find it easier to maintain in the longer term;
- gain more than just an ISO 20000 certificate;
- gain real added value and business benefit from it;
- improve customer satisfaction.
Using the FCL approach to ISO 20000 covers:
- defining the scope of the SMS;
- understanding the business;
- establishing the SMS;
- embedding service management in your business;
- implementing and operating the SMS;
- monitoring and reviewing the SMS;
- auditing the SMS;
- management reviews of the SMS;
- continuous improvement of the SMS.
- agreeing your mission, vision, business objectives and values;
- assist in the continuous improvement process, as required.
- assist in your certification audit as required;
- define your metrics and KPIs;
- define your service improvement plan;
- defining your scope of IT service management;
- design and document processes and procedures appropriate to your forensic laboratory;
- development of the implementation plan according to your priorities;
- ensure your top management have bought into the process;
- gap analysis
- goal setting;
- implementation of the processes and procedures developed;
- prepare for your certification audit;
- training your relevant employees;
- undertake internal audits;
- allowing you to make contractual bids, where if you were not certified, you may be precluded;
- assuring management and Clients of service delivery levels in place;
- bringing your forensic laboratory to compliance with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements;
- providing a Certification recognised internationally;
- demonstrating superiority over your competitors;
- demonstrating compliance verified by a third party Certification Body;
- helping to align and integrate your IT Services, including digital forensic case processing, with the overall business strategy;
- increasing overall forensic laboratory efficiency and operational performance;
- increasing and strengthening vendor status of your forensic laboratory;
- increasing customer confidence in your products and services;
- managing and treating significant risks to reduce them to an acceptable level in line with risk appetite
- minimizing internal and external risks to service continuity;
- providing a process for GRC.
- providing assurance to stakeholders and more importantly, to your customers, for the management of your IT products and services;
- providing your forensic laboratory with a platform to organize all current IT services into a formal framework;
- FCL are justifiably proud of our 100% SUCCESS RATE, of achieving first time certification through an Accredited Certification Body for our Clients;
- FCL is committed to providing a consistently high value service to our Clients;
- David Lilburn Watson, who remains personally ‘hands-on’ throughout the process, manages this process.
- to understand how the FCL suite of offerings can be used to transform your business, please contact us
- we look forward to discussing your specific requirements, at your convenience;
- we offer a free Health Check for ISO 20000;
- whatever other type of consultancy you require, we can possibly offer a free Health Check.