BS EN 15713 is the British Standard that specifies the disposal of confidential material.
It gives recommendations for the management and control of:
- audit trail;
- collection of confidential material;
- company premises;
- contract management;
- destruction of confidential material;
- retention of confidential material;
- security screening of personnel (see BS 7858);
- transportation of confidential material.
to ensure that such material is handled and disposed of securely and safely.
The recommendations apply to a company’s main business premises and any holding sites.
British Standards can be purchased from the British Standards Institutive Shop (BSi)