A quality management system (QMS) gives you the framework you need to monitor and improve quality and performance in your forensic laboratory.
ISO 9001 is by far the world’s most established quality framework and sets the standard for a QMS. It can assist your forensic laboratory to succeed through:
improved customer satisfaction;
increased staff motivation;
reduction of product and service delivery failures;
ISO 9001 can form part of an Integrated Management System (IMS) based on PAS 99 to provide holistic management of your forensic laboratory to optimise your processes for delivering your products and services to your Clients.
FCL are uniquely placed to assist you as they not only can develop and implement quality management solutions appropriate for your business but have done so for themselves and been certified to ISO 9001 to prove it. Unlike some, we can ‘walk the walk’ and prove it.
FCL can help you in the following areas:
- advice on document and record management.
- assistance in Certification Body application for certification;
- assistance in implementation;
- audits of your management system;
- carry out a gap analysis on your organisation;
- define a plan for implementation;
- define and set up a project team with with key personnel to develop the new methods and techniques;
- define your business and support processes;
- define and document your customer complaints and satisfaction processes and procedures (ISO 10001, 10002 and 10003);
- define your internal and external communication strategies;
- define your quality objectives;
- document your QMS;
- document your Quality Manual;
- obtain advice and guidance from your Certification Body;
- obtain support from your top management;
- preparation for Certification Body audits;
- review and advise you on your infrastructure;
- subsequent revision of your QMS, as required;
- train your internal auditors;
- train your staff to use the QMS.
Rather than offering an ‘out-of-the-box’ solution, FCL ensures that the implemented QMS (or QMS as part of an IMS) is very much tailored around your own forensic laboratory, rather than trying to fit your forensic laboratory to a pre-determined set of template forms and procedures. This approach means that you and your staff will:
- be able to continuously improve your products and services;
- feel greater ownership;
- find it easier to maintain in the longer term;
- gain more than just an ISO 9001 certificate;
- gain real added value and business benefit from it;
- improve customer satisfaction.
Using the FCL approach to ISO 9001 covers:
- defining the scope of the QMS;
- understanding the business;
- establishing the QMS;
- embedding quality management in your business;
- implementing and operating the QMS;
- monitoring and reviewing the QMS;
- auditing the QMS;
- management reviews of the QMS;
- continuous improvement of the QMS.
ISO 9001 is an internationally recognised standard you can use to implement your QMS. The benefits of this Certification are that it:
- builds team spirit as the QMS requires a team, not an individual, approach;
- decreases defect rates in your products and services;
- demonstrates your commitment to quality management;
- demonstrates your legal and regulatory compliance;
- detects defects that do occur are caught earlier and are corrected at a lower cost;
- makes it easier for your new employees ‘get up to speed’ by following documented procedures;
- enables you to show your ‘quality credentials’ regarding tenders and gain competitive advantage;
- ensures corrective action is taken whenever defects in your products and services occur;
- enhances your Client’s trust in you;
- produces well defined and documented procedures to improve the consistency of your products and services;
- provides a framework for managing and continually improving your quality management performance;
- provides improved public image;
- constantly measures quality;
- reduces your operational costs.
- FCL are justifiably proud of our 100% SUCCESS RATE, of achieving first time certification through an Accredited Certification Body for our Clients;
- FCL is committed to providing a consistently high value service to our Clients;
- David Lilburn Watson, who remains personally ‘hands-on’ throughout the process, manages this process.
- to understand how the FCL suite of offerings can be used to transform your business, please contact us
- we look forward to discussing your specific requirements, at your convenience;
- we offer a free Health Check for ISO 9001;
- whatever other type of consultancy you require, we can possibly offer a free Health Check.