ISO 24762 is the International Standard that specifies guidelines on the provision of information and communications technology disaster recovery (ICT DR) services as part of business continuity management (BCM), applicable to both “in-house” and “outsourced” ICT DR service providers of physical facilities and services.
ISO/IEC 24762 specifies the:
- capabilities which outsourced ICT DR service providers should possess;
- guidance for ICT DR service providers to continuously improve their ICT DR services;
- guidance for selection of a recovery site;
- practices outsourced ICT DR services should follow, so as to provide basic secure operating environments and facilitate organizations’ recovery efforts;
- requirements for implementing, operating, monitoring and maintaining ICT DR services and facilities.
International Standards can be purchased from the British Standards Institutive Shop (BSi)