Every forensic laboratory in the world would like to improve the way that it operates, whether that means:
- increasing market share;
- reducing costs;
- improving employee competence;
- more efficient management and delivery of products and services;
- managing risk more effectively;
- improving customer satisfaction.
PAS 99 is the world’s first specification for integrated management systems (IMS), allowing multiple management systems and other procedures, to be managed through a single consistent framework. This eliminates the needs for multiple frameworks for different processes and systems and gives management a single view of the business through the Management Review process
PAS 99 is based on ISO Guide 72 for standards writers, which includes a framework for the common requirements that are found in management system standards. The main requirements are categorized into the following subjects:
- Implementation and operation;
- Performance assessment;
- Management review
Any of the recognised management systems can be integrated into a PAS based IMS, as well as any other procedures and processes that are required to be managed with a single, known, framework.
FCL can help you in the following areas:
- advice on document and record management.
- assistance in Certification Body application for certification for any standards to be managed by the IMS;
- assistance in implementation;
- audits of your management systems;
- carry out a gap analysis on your organisation;
- define management systems and procedures to be managed by the IMS;
- define a plan for implementation;
- define and set up a project team with with key personnel to develop the new methods and techniques;
- define your business and support processes;
- define your internal and external communication strategies;
- document your IMS;
- obtain advice and guidance from your Certification Body;
- obtain support from your top management;
- preparation for Certification Body audits;
- review and advise you on your infrastructure;
- subsequent revision of your IMS, as required;
- train your internal auditor/s;
Rather than offering an ‘out-of-the-box’ solution, FCL ensures that the implemented IMS is very much tailored around your own forensic laboratory, rather than trying to fit your forensic laboratory to a pre-determined set of template forms and procedures. This approach means that you and your staff will:
- be able to continuously improve your products and services;
- feel greater ownership;
- find it easier to maintain in the longer term;
- gain real added value and business benefit from it;
- improve customer satisfaction.
Using the FCL approach to PAS 99 covers:
- defining the scope of the IMS, including the management systems and procedures to be managed by it;
- understanding the business;
- establishing the IMS;
- embedding the IMS in your business;
- implementing and operating the IMS;
- monitoring and reviewing the IMS;
- auditing the IMS;
- management reviews of the IMS;
- continuous improvement of the QMS.
The benefits of implementing an IMS are that it:
- meet all standard requirements in the defined scope with one set of policies and procedures;
- more effective and efficient internal and external audits;
- Improve overall efficiency by removing duplicated tasks and bureaucracy;
- improve quality time spent on managing the business and continuous improvement;
- consistent communications both internally and externally, about products and services;
- clearly defined roles and responsibilities highlight common objectives;
- allow consistent and continuous improvement for all systems managed by the IMS;
- improved business focus and common goals;
- a more holistic approach to managing business risks;
- provide a systematic and holistic approach to governance, risk and compliance across all systems in the IMS;
- reduces operational costs.
- FCL are justifiably proud of our 100% SUCCESS RATE, of achieving first time certification through an Accredited Certification Body for our Clients;
- FCL is committed to providing a consistently high value service to our Clients;
- David Lilburn Watson, who remains personally ‘hands-on’ throughout the process, manages this process.
- to understand how the FCL suite of offerings can be used to transform your business, please contact us
- we look forward to discussing your specific requirements, at your convenience;
- we offer a free Health Check for PAS 99;
- whatever other type of consultancy you require, we can possibly offer a free Health Check.