Every forensic laboratory in the world would like to improve the way that it operates, whether that means:
- increasing market share;
- reducing costs;
- improving employee competence;
- more efficient management and delivery of products and services;
- managing risk more effectively;
- improving customer satisfaction.
PAS 99 is the world’s first specification for integrated management systems (IMS), allowing multiple management systems and other procedures, to be managed through a single consistent framework. This eliminates the needs for multiple frameworks for different processes and systems and gives management a single view of the business through the Management Review process
PAS 99 is based on ISO Guide 72 for standards writers, which includes a framework for the common requirements that are found in management system standards. The main requirements are categorized into the following subjects:
- Implementation and operation;
- Performance assessment;
- Management review
Any of the recognised management systems can be integrated into a PAS based IMS, as well as any other procedures and processes that are required to be managed with a single, known, framework.
An integrated management system (IMS) gives you the framework you need to monitor and improve performance in any area you choose within your own organisation.
FCL can help you in the following areas:
- advice on document and record management.
- assistance in Certification Body application for certification for any standards to be managed by the IMS;
- assistance in implementation;
- audits of your management systems;
- carry out a gap analysis on your organisation;
- define management systems and procedures to be managed by the IMS;
- define a plan for implementation;
- define and set up a project team with with key personnel to develop the new methods and techniques;
- define your business and support processes;
- define your internal and external communication strategies;
- document your IMS;
- obtain advice and guidance from your Certification Body;
- obtain support from your top management;
- preparation for Certification Body audits;
- review and advise you on your infrastructure;
- subsequent revision of your IMS, as required;
- train your internal auditor/s;
Rather than offering an ‘out-of-the-box’ solution, FCL ensures that the implemented IMS is very much tailored around your own forensic laboratory, rather than trying to fit your forensic laboratory to a pre-determined set of template forms and procedures. This approach means that you and your staff will:
- be able to continuously improve your products and services;
- feel greater ownership;
- find it easier to maintain in the longer term;
- gain real added value and business benefit from it;
- improve customer satisfaction.
Using the FCL approach to PAS 99 covers:
- defining the scope of the IMS, including the management systems and procedures to be managed by it;
- understanding the business;
- establishing the IMS;
- embedding the IMS in your business;
- implementing and operating the IMS;
- monitoring and reviewing the IMS;
- auditing the IMS;
- management reviews of the IMS;
- continuous improvement of the QMS.
The benefits of implementing an IMS are that it:
- meet all standard requirements in the defined scope with one set of policies and procedures;
- more effective and efficient internal and external audits;
- Improve overall efficiency by removing duplicated tasks and bureaucracy;
- improve quality time spent on managing the business and continuous improvement;
- consistent communications both internally and externally, about products and services;
- clearly defined roles and responsibilities highlight common objectives;
- allow consistent and continuous improvement for all systems managed by the IMS;
- improved business focus and common goals;
- a more holistic approach to managing business risks;
- provide a systematic and holistic approach to governance, risk and compliance across all systems in the IMS;
- reduces operational costs.
- FCL are justifiably proud of our 100% SUCCESS RATE, of achieving first time certification through an Accredited Certification Body for our Clients;
- FCL is committed to providing a consistently high value service to our Clients;
- David Lilburn Watson, who remains personally ‘hands-on’ throughout the process, manages this process.
- to understand how the FCL suite of offerings can be used to transform your business, please contact us
- we look forward to discussing your specific requirements, at your convenience;
- we offer a free Health Check for PAS 99;
- whatever other type of consultancy you require, we can possibly offer a free Health Check.