As well as the standards listed ion the main page, FCL uses other standards as being recommended good practice, these include, but are not limited to:
- BS 10008 – Evidential Weight and Legal Admissibility of Electronic Information;
- BS 10012 – Data Protection Demystified – Acting to Protect Personal Information;
- BS 7858 – Security screening of individuals employed in a security environment. Code of practice;
- BS 8549 – Security consultancy. Code of practice;
- BS EN 15713 – Secure destruction of confidential material. Code of practice;
- BS 25777 – Information and communications technology continuity management. Code of practice Now superseded by ISO 27031;
- ISO/IEC 19770 – Information technology — Software asset management;
- ISO/IEC 24762 – Information technology — Security techniques — Guidelines for information and communications technology disaster recovery services;
- ISO 38500 – ISO/IEC 38500:2008, Corporate governance of information technology,.
These are some of those used in the UK, however, other national standards are used that are relevant to the jurisdiction.